Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Currently avoiding: Packing

That xanga flashback has been brought to you by the year 2004.

I've discovered I don't like packing. I used to. But then packing started to involve crying and hospitals. Every time Nathan had to go to the ER I would cry. He would always calm me down and tell me it was going to be ok... but every time it would just break me down.. at the time when I needed the most to keep it together I would lose it. And packing brings it all back... all the times I was just throwing things into a suitcase cause we were leaving in 30 minutes for St. Louis... or I needed to get back to the hospital to Nathan. It's time to start having positive associations with packing again. I need to go on many happy vacations. I'm actually really excited that Kara is having her baby at Cox, because 1) Hopefully when I go to visit her I will be able to visit the beauties of 5 West and 2) it's going to be a happy time in a hospital... I'm actually really glad that Nathan was at Barnes when he died... because I may never have to go there again, and if I do, it's very doubtful that it will be that ICU.

Guess what? My Prius will be in very soon! It's coming sometime from the 20th to the 25th... which is the time that I will be at home for, unfortunately...Darn missing the awesome gas mileage on this trip! But this will give the Jeep and I one last hurrah, before I have to clean it out... The salesman had previously told me I got the last Prius on the lot for 4 months, and he told me today that they'd heard from Toyota and Toyota is cutting back the numbers you can order and putting dealerships on backlog... (I'm sure it's because of all the horrible things that have happened in Japan lately :( Pray for Japan.) So he told me I actually got the last Prius on the lot for 6 months to a year (except for the used ones that might appear at any moment and be snatched up just as quickly). He said it was divine intervention that I was able to get one. I like to think it was, even if I know that God isn't overly concerned about my car. He's concerned about me and I was concerned about a car.

Just now I was cleaning off my desk and discovered a card with a donation to the Memorial Fund in it... I may have let the mail on my desk pile up a bit... and by a bit I mean a whole lot.... like this was mailed at the end of February... and it's late mid-April. Nathan would be going crazy if he had to put up with the state of the desk right now. When I get back you all have to tell me to clean up the office, cause it's getting bad.

Ok I need to go and finish packing.. I feel like I should say goodbye to you, but that's the wonderful thing about the internet... you aren't actually going to be away from me. You are coming, too!

BTW I will attempt to remember to take pictures so you can know where you are going... with me.

Ok, bye for now. Love you, bunches. Or as Nathan and I used to say, "Love you bunches and bunches of oats... all of them... All the bunches and all the oats.... Love you all the bunches." We had a tendency to create our own little scripts... and we had a thing about repeating the same thing over and over. It's a little hard to explain, but just go with it. I loved him all the bunches.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, do take pictures! NEMO is my home away from home, you know. As opposed to Bloomington, which is my home away from home away from home away from home away from home.

    I want you to get back to loving packing. I LOVE packing. I realize how lame this is, but it might be my favorite part of traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the xanga flashback. I've been having those ever since I started blogging again. I'm like...wait, no, that's something I would have written about in college. Surely I can find something more interesting to write about, now that I'm a Grown Up...

    ...

    No? Ok, then. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...