Monday, August 27, 2012

Thumbprints

Yesterday's word was: unangry.... Dawn, do you have telepathy? You are starting to freak me out with your spot-on-ness. (Rhonda, you should get some tips and tricks from Dawn. Homeslice knows what she's doing, apparently!)

I watched Hairspray tonight with my friend, Kara. I'd forgotten how much I love that movie. It's so funny and irreverent and hilarious.

I also made my most favoritest cookie- Thumbprint cookies.


I like thumbprint cookies with icing which apparently makes me something akin to a terrorist in a lot of people's minds.

I'm just a rebel like that.

Thumbprints take forever, what with the egg whites and the nuts and the special steps, but they are so tasty, with the not-so-sweet cookie and the sweet icing.

They also have a lot of childhood memories of baking with my mom and my sister wrapped up with them. I loved that I could put my thumbprint in this cookie and it would still be there when it came out of the oven, making a happy little bowl for yummy icing.

Tonight I made exactly 45 cookies without knowing it... and felt like a secret superhero....though there are only 40 now... but remember I had a friend over!

I have things I should have done this weekend for class... but mainly I just went school supply shopping... Whoops.  S'ok though... it's all stuff I can get done tomorrow, no problem.

One time I yelled at my mom for asking me if my homework was done. As I recall I said, "Mom, I'm the valedictorian! I always get my homework done.  Have you ever known me to not get it done? Stop worrying and trust me."

So you should trust me, lest you want me to yell at you like a grumpy self-righteous teenager.

It's true. No stereotypical teenage rebellion for me. *But* I knew I wasn't rebelling and I wasn't gonna put up with innocent questions that could somehow imply that I might be rebelling. No siree, Bob.

*L* I think I've always had a very firm opinion (grounded or not) that I'm special, and felt that should be acknowledged in people's treatment of me.

...

I'd like to take this moment to thank my friends and family for putting up with me. You are all saints in my book.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is so obvious to me...then there there is todsy's blog and I am stumped...I will have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...