Thursday, March 31, 2011

The bin bag, it ripped!

I actually watched American Idol tonight... It was really good. It's hard to screw up Sir Elton, I think.... I found myself inexplicably attracted to the bearded one (I'm not a fan of facial hair, generally) but I think it's just cause he was singing "Your Song" and looking straight into the camera. I love me a singin' boy. Especially one who tells me that this is my song.

Made steak tonight-- Too much steak for one girl... but I guess steak leftovers aren't such a travesty, at least not in the grand scheme of things.

Did I ever tell you about how much I loved unicorns when I was a little girl?? I know I'm so sterotypical.. Unicorns and rainbows.... literally. Well, I have a picture up on the wall of my office.... It's a foil print... Do you know what that means? It's a piece of foil that's been printed with lots of special methods to reflect light in different ways... it's honestly very cool. It's much cooler to look at than I am describing, I think. Mine is mounted on a piece of wood and hanging on my wall... and even though it's super cheesy, I still love it. It has a fair maiden, a unicorn, a smallish dragon, a tree with a face in the bark, and a castle in the distance... it's like every great fantasy book made into a picture.... ok not every great fantasy book-- there are no hobbits. But often when I'm sitting here trying to come up with what to say, I stare at that picture... It looks like a lovely place, where all the problems are as difficult as killing the bad guy with a magical sword... I could handle that... There is no cancer in books where the most likely cause of death is magic or sword.

And everyone lives happily ever after.

I want my happily ever after back.

I'd post a link to a you tube video of  "Ever, ever after" from the end of Enchanted, but it's country and perhaps a little too perky for my tastes/day....

But I will share this- cause Kara told me to and I'm easily bossed.

 I think my favorite moment comes at 3:10... That little monkey really is saying those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...