Monday, January 23, 2012

A note of little import

I apparently have more friends who read my blog than I knew, based on the number of people who have come up to me and asked for/ given me hugs. It's nice.

Tonight I stayed up until 1:45 reading a book...

I think there might be something deep inside my soul that derives a lot of comfort from staying up later than I should reading a book. I really do think it's a quirk of mine that is absolutely endearing... and I wonder if that is because it really is, or because something inside of me rejoices in it and so assumes that everyone else must love it about me as well.

Nathan thought it was endearing... except when it was 4 in the morning and I still had the bedside light on... I think he just thought it was annoying then.

I probably would have in his shoes, too. I'm not at my most forgiving when I'm asleep.

I was reading a new Tamora Pierce book tonight. I loved her books in Jr. High and High School, and I still really enjoy them.  I also love that she and Bruce Coville are writing buddies... it makes them into actual people in my mind... and they are two of my very favorite YA authors which makes me hold out a good deal of hope for my little writing group. How much fun it would be if we all stayed friends and got published/famous!

Goal of this week is to clean my apartment and do whatever else I need to, to get through. That should probably start with gong to bed, as it's way past my bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...