Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thinking up the inconcievable

The cold weather is making me ravenous and sleepy...

Yes, that's right, I have more in common with a bear than a human right now.

My house was clean when I came home from vacation... but now it's messy because of all the things that just ended up in the middle of the floor because I came home and haven't had much time to regroup.

Currently desiring: regrouping time.

Not gonna get it for at least a few more days.

I'm afraid of January. It's never been that great a month with a lot of stressful work stuff... and last year it was so bad...

Tim spoke on Sunday about nothing being inconceivable to those in peaceful fellowship with God.

Before all of this, the things I couldn't conceive of were my husband getting cancer.... my life being turned upside down.... being a widow at 27.

Now I sometimes think I'm afraid to conceive of anything. Not that I blame God for any of this but... it's really really scary and really really hard sometimes to keep hope in the face of it all.

Attempting to trust in the inconceivable.

There is a song we sometimes sing at church... It's called "This is Our God."

It's one of my favorites because I really like what it has to say.
A refuge for the poor, A shelter from the storm
And He will wipe away your tears And return your wasted years

This is our God
A father to the orphan, A healer to the broken

And he brings peace to our madness And comfort in our sadness
This is our God
A fountain for the thirsty, A lover for the lonely
And He brings glory to the humble And crowns for the faithful
This is our God
And this is the one we have waited for
 It's good to remember that God does seven impossible things before breakfast everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...