Saturday, January 14, 2012

Prthanks.

Tomorrow I'm going to a pancake fundraiser for one of the nurses of 5W... at least I think she's a nurse... It doesn't really matter. She works on 5 West, she took care of my husband and she's battling breast cancer. Good enough for me.

I'm getting up at 7:00 to do this... ok probably 7:30. Still, that's early for me.

Oh did I tell you my hours changed? I now start work at 10 rather than 9. It's amazing what an hour will do for you. I feel so much better rested waking up at 9/9:30 than I did at 8/8:30. It's just that much closer to my natural sleep schedule I think.

So I wrote that at around 5 in the afternoon (sometimes I write blog posts a long time before I post them. Shhhhhh don't tell!)

Then I got distracted... by dinner I think? Then I watched the Joplin Extreme Makeover Home Edition, which was really great. and then Kara came over and we talked for...  well she came over around 8:30 or so... and she just left at 2.... so like 5 and a half hours... I love talking to Kara. I don't know why God has given her a calling to move away from me. I don't doubt it, I just dislike it.

I make up for it in my head by assuming that she will use me as an illustration of awesome things in like 85% of her sermons so if I ever come visit her church on a Sunday I will be a walking celebrity.

(What does that even mean, Renée??? As opposed to all the wheelchair-bound celebrities, who are just rampant? Can't get rid of those guys, they are way too excited about having a wheelchair to play in! British GPS says, "Blimey, you've just gone on a bit of a ramble now, 'aven't ya? Don' know 'ow you are gonna recovah from that one, mate. Best tell a story, give em an illustration-like. Off you go now.)

This is how I imagine it going- We'll run into someone in the church hallway and I'll say, "Hi, I'm Renée! I'm a good friend of Kara's."

And people will stop as they are reaching their hand out to shake mine and they will say, "Did you say, Renée?"

And I'll smile confusedly because their hand is frozen in the air and they aren't shaking my proffered hand, and say, "Yes."

And then they will get a look of wonder and awe on their face, grab my hand, and shake it very enthusiastically and they will say, "I've heard so many stories but I never thought I'd have a chance to actually meet you in person. It's such a pleasure!"

And I will smile and be very polite and chat with them a few minutes longer.

Then I will get the heck out of Philadelphia because Kara has WAY oversold me.

How is "proffered" even a word. You know what it means? It means offered. Wait. So you add a "pr" to a word and it still means the same thing?? That's Prediculous! Preposterous!  oooh wait maybe I can just say, "That's Eposterous!"

I have yet to tell Kara that her advertisement of me as the second greatest human who ever lived is how I'm reconciling her leaving. I kept thinking about it tonight but I never worked it around to that. So I guess this is me telling her.

Kara, I know in my heart that I'm awesome. Your calling is simple- tell the world about Jesus (and how awesome I am.)

Prthanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...