Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm blank because...

Saw this on someone else's blog and I liked it so I thought I would share my version of it:

I'm weird because:
I like to leave change lying around my house because it makes me feel rich.
I hate driving, but love my car.
I don't like pets all that much.
I feel like I have to always follow the rules, but I don't like being told what to do or how I'm going to react to something.
I love anything and everything about amusement parks.
I hate talking on the phone, but love chatting on the internet.
I really like oranges, but I don't like the pulp so after I "eat" an orange I have the peel and a bunch of orange slices that have been sucked dry.
That makes me feel guilty so I don't eat oranges very often.
I prefer to take cool showers (not cold, but *not* hot) around 90 degrees or so (average human is 98.6 degrees as you may recall)

I'm a bad friend because:
I'm an enabler- I will encourage you to do what you want, including buy the thing, eat the calories and  stay up past your bedtime.
I don't want to call you. (see why I'm weird)
I don't like making decisions about things that will effect both of us. (Like what restaurant to go to or where to go next)
I can need a lot of reassurance at the beginning of a friendship.

I'm a good friend because:
I'm supportive, I will try to help, or at least be sensitive to, anything you have decided whether I agree with it or not.
I want to listen to your thoughts/feelings/childhood stories, ect.
I'm always up for grabbing lunch somewhere.
I'm very loyal, and I'll do almost anything for my friends if they ask me.
I will help you paint your house.
I don't mind being the "pursue-er" in the friendship if I think we hit it off.
I don't get mad very often and when I do I'm pretty good at letting it go and moving on.
I'm not really a judger for anyone but myself, so if you've made mistakes or don't think the same way as I do, we can still be friends.

I'm sad because: 
I found the cutest house for rent in the entirety of Springfield. It's in a great neighborhood (once Melissa is married she'd be like 4 blocks away,) it's 1500 sq ft, it has a gas stove, and it's just charming. However, it's also at the top of my price range and availiable now, which means there is no way it will be when I'm ready to move out here (afterall, it's the cutest house in Springfield!) If it were only one of those things I'd probably try to see if arrangements could be made.. but with both I think I just have to be sad.
I'm lonely.
I have a friend who went to England and Ireland and he keeps posting pictures and status updates on fb and making me *crazy jealous.*
Teleportation hasn't been invented yet.

I'm happy because:
I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.
It's snowing outside.
I'm very blessed.
I feel pretty.
I am loved.

I'm excited for:
Using the "Starbucks technique" to get a lot of writing done.
Getting to have a second wedding someday. (There are *very* few positives about being a widow. That is one.)
Seeing family/ Chicago in February.
My grandfather's 80th birthday party in March.
Melissa's wedding in May

Sometimes I worry that I have no secrets left... That anyone who wants to get to know me could just read it all on my blog and never have to bother with actually having a conversation with me.

Then I remember that I don't actually know myself all that well, so reading my blog wouldn't give someone the whole picture and I feel better.

Then I remember that I don't tell my blog *everything* and I feel much better.

Then I remember that about 85% of my brain is used in remembering ridiculously detailed things from my childhood and song lyrics and I worry less about people being concerned that they don't know me well enough. Perhaps they know me just well enough to think I'm interesting and not well enough to find out that I'm actually highly repetitive and I use 85% of my brain on the storage of useless knowledge.

*sigh of relief*

3 comments:

  1. Hey, sometimes being an enabler makes you a good friend! There are things that I really do need that I won't buy unless someone tells me I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I know... I almost put "I'm an enabler" as the first thing in the I'm a good friend category, too, but I changed it to supportive and the meaning morphed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute, Renée! But I don't think you're a bad friend just because you're an enabler. You're just being supportive of your friends, and that's sooo sweet of you to do that! And oh, we're on the same track when it comes to driving and cars. I used to hate driving, but because of my lovely car, I've learned to love it. ;]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...