Friday, March 18, 2011

Nuts, Co-co-nuts!

So gorgeous outside today... I had my windows open as soon as I got home. I love this kind of weather. Just warm enough that taking a cool shower feels soooo good. (Yes, I know that I posted that on facebook, too, but it's really really true.)

Today was one of the harder days... Cried a few times... mainly tried to distract myself from thinking about Nathan. Ate two ice cream snacks (impluse buy at the Wal-marts, today)-- One was mint chocolate chip Klondike... not as good as I thought it would be... The other was an Edy's "Coconut Fruit Bar." Holy heaven on a stick, Batman!!
I mean, yes, I did have to get used to having a crunchy ice cream bar (There are coconut pieces in the bar)... but golly.... why isn't there coconut ice cream for sale, normally?? Seriously.. my  favorite ice cream choices are so outside the norm. My favorite flavors are oatmeal and, now, coconut. These are not widely available, so I usually have to go with vanilla, mint chip (but not Klondike mint chip, as I learned today), or some derivative containing chocolate ice cream, brownie bits, and a fudge ripple...  and wasn't that a fascinating foray into the wide world of ice cream?!? Seriously, though, ice cream is an important player in days like today.

Several girls came over tonight to hang out with me. I'm not sure if they knew it was to distract me from the day or not, but it worked. It was really fun and I had a great time. There is something about a bunch of people just hanging out and talking that I love. It's a balm for my soul. Why is it that I'm not a touchy person, but I would like to give humanity as a whole a big hug? Maybe because it's a proverbial hug, and no touching actually has to happen.

I found out today that either "I Love America" is not happening this year, or it's not going to be at the Springfield Underground. I think that means it won't be happening. I think I speak for thousands of Springfieldians when I say-- this is a huge bummer. Nathan would be so upset. We talked about how we would be able to go this year, since last year he wasn't up to it. Maybe it's for the best. Maybe that would have been really hard for me... but it does make me sad.

So I made this pinwheel for this wedding... you may recall me posting pictures? I love it as a hair accessory, but I keep chickening out of wearing it, again. What do you think it takes to pull off a pinwheel in one's hair? Just some guts? Or do guts and a pinwheel really just make for a girl who looks like she's trying out for American Idol?

These are important questions.

1 comment:

  1. I often think about what it takes to pull off fashion risks. Working downtown I often see people wearing things that make you go, "I don't even know what that is. How are you making it look so good?" I have any number of amazing scarves that I have no idea But I think all you have to do to pull off a pinwheel is wear the pinwheel. It works.

    Coconut ice cream is super-easy to make. You just mix coconut milk with sugar syrup and the flavoring of your choice (the zest and juice of a lime, for example), let it half-freeze in a shallow pan (like a cake pan), fluff it up with a fork, let it freeze the rest of the way, fluff it again, and BOOM! Taste-splosion! See? My years as a lactose-intolerant vegetarian weren't for nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...