Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Man voice and monkey feet

You may note that I have this new feature under my blog posts... now you can leave quick impressions just by clicking a box... thus far the only options I have are: funny, interesting, good, and lame. If you have other one-two word suggestions of things people might want to quickly say about my post, please feel free to tell me. I take suggestions. Sometimes I chuck them out the window like I'm a mime, but I take them. :)

 Paula is coming into town tomorrow. I'm excited to see her. I kinda have awesome in-laws whom I love very very much. I've really been blessed by an incredible family... all across the board- immediate, extended and in-laws. Family keeps me grounded... and they have to love me no matter what, which is pretty nice.

I have a stripe of teal-ish paint across my arm. Kinda don't want to wash it off, because it gives me some cred. I'm a hip artist who gets so much paint on her all the time I don't even notice a small teal stripe. When in actuality I'm just making some art so my wall doesn't look so bare... and so it matches the room. *poser artist*

So today I was at the working and the Orkin man came by-- he only comes by every two months or so... and I missed him 4 months ago because of hospital, and then he apparently didn't come 2 months ago, and asked if I'd met the other person and I said, no, I probably wasn't here for that... and he asked me if I'd just gotten back from somewhere. I said no, that my husband was in the hospital. Then he asked what was wrong with him, and I had to use past tense cause there isn't really a way of getting around that one....He then apologized 5 or 6 times. I felt so bad... I tried to avoid the subject, but I hate lying... the poor dude. He just thought he was gonna be asking about a vacation.

I'm polyurethaning doors at the church... and sometimes I get paranoid that someone who has a key is gonna come to the church, let themselves into a door I'm not near and start laughing uproariously. Why you ask? Because I find it very hard to do manual labor like painting walls or staining or polyurethaning without finding my zen.... and how do I find my zen? By singing songs... loudly... actually the more appropriate phrase might be belting... and the church has some pretty good acoustical qualities.... It's only gonna be worse if I'm singing like a man. Oh, you didn't know that about me? Yeah.... I have a pretty low register that I can hit... I'm pretty sure Nathan could sing lower than I can.... but not totally sure on that one.... Yes, I am aware this does not help my ambition for waif-hood. But you know, you gotta be who you be. Sides it might be a fun party trick sometime... that and my amazing monkey feet... though I haven't practiced with my monkey feet in sometime, so they probably aren't nearly as impressive. Alas.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, low voices are sultry and demure. DEMURE I TELL YOU!

    I don't think you should feel bad for the Orkin man. Having worked with the public for many years, I have accidentally triggered a lot of sad stories out of people, and often times, they really needed to spill, if only to finally be able to declare "THIS HAPPENED" without feeling like they owed it to the world to keep the small talk light. And I felt blessed to be the one they could say it to. And when you speak honestly about where you are, you implicitly give others permission to do the same. I think that is a good thing.

    This has been your weekly PSA from the "Expressing emotion is not a crime" Council.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...