Thursday, March 10, 2011

You've got the cutest little... potato face.

I'm not sure I should put up poetry... even poetry that is old... I don't know that I have discerning poetic tastes and so even though I think that the poems are decent after I post something, I think all the next day... "Why did I put that up!?!  People are going to think I'm so corny... Deeper than depths? Come on!... No more posting poetry when you are tired, Renée!  Why did you put that up!?!" I seriously don't know how lyricists and published poets do it. Poems just seem so much more personal... it's you- only focused and condensed. So if you read a poem of mine you know something of me that it might normally take you pages and pages of prose to learn. Eyes and poetry are the windows to the soul. Cause seriously what kinda house doesn't have at least 2 windows... If it's only got one window it's a shack or a shed and I don't want my soul to be a shed.... or a shack.

Tangent, party of one.

Interestingly enough the way that I usually judge if someone cares about me is if they can tell me/point out things/facts about myself... cause it means they've been paying attention to me/ who I am/what I'm like... That's gotta be a love language, right?

Today I found out that the National Take Back Initiative is April 30th. I'm pleased as punch about this, because it is a way to get rid of all the old prescriptions I have... and I have sooo sooo soooooooo many. And since I don't want to sell them on the black market, or support someone's illegal drug habit, I didn't know what to do with them... And besides most of them are things like immuno-suppressants.. and trust me, no one wants those. (*Disclaimer* No, crazy drug addict, none of the old prescriptions are actually in my house, so it will do you and your high no good to bother breaking in) However if you would like a shower seat, toilet seat riser, walker, sponge toothbrush, or diabetic testing supplies, I will be happy to give them to you for free. oh or cloth tape... I have plenty of that.


My gaming storage ottoman came today... and it is huge... awesome... and huge...  Like, I have to rearrange my living room now, huge... You think I'm joking, but I'm not. I'm serious... I'm as serious as a ... potato... What!?! You never see a potato crack a smile. Them's serious vegetable-starches.



















See?

oh gosh... when you start googling potato faces you know it's time you should be going to bed.

I love you a bushel and a peck.

Renée

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should care if people think your poetry is corny or not. If they do, screw them. It's your blog. Own it.

    Also, that girl in the picture holding the Yoda potato is me, circa 1991. Little known fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fully qualified English baccalaureate and veteran of graduate-level poetry classes, I approve of your poetry. Your poems are good, and do not make me cringe even a little bit, which is highly unusual. I hope you will keep posting.

    I found out after going to elaborate lengths to properly dispose of some old pills that our recycling center actually accepts them. Oops. I guess I didn't need to mix them with water, let them soak in a bucket, and then mix them with coffee grounds and detergent before sealing them in a yogurt cup with duct tape (that is what the hospice nurse did with Miriam's).

    Does The Kitchen (http://www.thekitcheninc.org) in Springfield accept medical supply donations? I think they have a free clinic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...