Sunday, March 13, 2011

People are like rivers

I have my new nails now. They look lovely, in case you were wondering. Make me feel delicate, or something... *L* I'll let you in on a little secret... I'm not actually that delicate.  Solid, steady, dependable.. yeah... but delicate... not so much. But it's nice to feel that way, anyway. It does make it slightly harder to type though... but not too bad, just more likely to make typos... but I make those all the time anyway so the net effect isn't too bad.

So did you notice in that last sentence I just basically said all of nothing? No? Oh, well, I did. Oh and I use the term "sentence" loosely, cause I am well aware that I use and overuse the "..." shamelessly. It's just how I roll.

OOOOOOh I almost forgot! Want to read the weird/creepy Facebook message I got today? .... OK, tough, I'm posting it, anyway. You are reading my blog and it's about what I am dealing with today and this was an interesting part of the day.  So here it is....

"Hi pretty.how are you doing?i am pretty sure you are doing great.well you really caught my attention and you look so beautiful.I am a kind, careful, easygoing, cheerful person. I really love to cook. I know many recipes from different countries. I enjoy traveling. I visited many countries and learned their cultures and customs. I love outdoors activities.I like reading simple novels sometimes, philosophy at other times. My reading interests also include books about various adventures and love exercising.I will love to know more about you too,are you single?Take care and i hope to hear from you soon."

So, I blocked the dude. But I'm going to take it as a creepy compliment, not as the scam I'm pretty sure it is, because at least the first way then I get to be complimented...  granted the guy has no grasp on spacing, capitalization, punctuation, and his syntax leaves something to be desired, but hey, he still called me pretty!

Oh yes, sometimes I am that shallow.

But you know... so are we all, I mean, really... just like rivers... moments of unexpected depths... and sudden shallowness... and rapids.... and worn smooth pebbles.. and water...

*looks around furtively * Think they bought that? Shhhhh! I'm gonna sneak away while they are pondering when this blog took a turn into a Miss Congeniality script. *tip toes out of the room*

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to "shallowhood!" Have you read my blogs???? I apparently think the world is all about me! Shallow meet Narcissistic! Glad to meet you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We lead our lives like water flowing down a hill, going more or less in one direction until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course." - Memoirs of a Geisha :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...