Thursday, March 3, 2011

Song obsession and thoughts on a cupcake

 So I've become obsessed with a song...  I play it on repeat constantly. I need to just buy the song on itunes, rather than playing it over and over on youtube. I posted it on facebook last night, and then my sister pointed out that my comment on the actual video is one of the 2 most liked comments, tonight... People are so nice. Be careful... it might make you cry... It doesn't really make me cry, strangely... It's actually comforting, which I'm not sure makes any sense at all, but there you have it... I also love that in the lyrics he asks to be turned into a rainbow... it's like I was meant to love this song.
I hope that link actually works... I've never added a video to my blog before.

I actually did a little bit of exercise last night, on the Wii... I was planning on doing some more tonight but as it is 12:20 that may not happen.... Hey if I'm not going to eat right seems like a good 30 minutes or so spent trying to land on targets in a chicken costume and biking around an imaginary island couldn't hurt, right? I did put on a pair of jeans this morning that used to be tight on me, and they fit perfectly... but I don't think that was due to my "working out"...

There is definitely more cleaning and straightening that should be going on in my life... But I'm not doing it... I'd rather be hanging out with people...or reading a book... or blogging... or avoiding cleaning and straightening.

Today I had a Mayan Mocha cupcake from "The Cup." By the way they had a contest to name a St. Patrick day cupcake and they said the winner would be released on March 1st... and they didn't announce them until 7 o'clock on the 2nd... AND I didn't win. What the cup?! *giggle* see what I did there? I think I'm funny.... ANYWAY Mayan Mocha.. I'm still not sure how I feel about it... Here is the description, "Light chocolate cake with a hint of cinnamon and a peppery finish topped with baked brown sugar, espresso butter cream, and caramel-drizzled mini marshmallows." All these things are kinda true... the chocolate was light, but there was more than a hint of cinnamon and I felt like the icing was where the "peppery" finish was... it wasn't bad... but... it was strange. I think I'll be sticking to the Red Velvet.

I wished that I winked more in real life... I wink all the time in text. ;) but I never wink in real life and I think that's a shame. I always feel awkward, so I don't do it.... but seriously how much fun is winking? It's like the outward symbol of an inside joke and inside jokes are fun (when you are on the inside)...  Seriously people, we need to bring back the wink in all it's subtle glory. Maybe I'll try to find a person a day to wink at... or maybe I'll forget this as soon as I go to sleep... but hey a girl can dream, can't she?  I think Martin Luther King Jr. said it best when he said, "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created to wink.'" Ya know, or something like that... Right guys? ...... right? *looks around* .....guys? 

*raises fist in the air* Bring back the wink!

By the way, there is going to be a fundraiser for the memorial fund put on by the Religious Studies Club. I can't believe how incredibly generous people have already been, but they contacted me and told me that they would like to do this. It will be April 7th at the Panera that is close to campus from 5-8, I believe. So if you are in Springfield that day and need to eat dinner,  maybe you can come out... OK I feel weird talking about it, so I'm probably not gonna mention it again until like the day before. Ugh I'm gonna put this at the end of the blog so it's not the first thing people see... awwwkward.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about cupcake form, but Mexican hot cocoa is tasty and winter-tastic (although an acquired taste). It's cocoa + cinnamon + cayenne pepper.

    And I second the winking, but stink at it. It's easy to look like a) allergy season b) creepy or c) a bad acting class. I'm hoping that it's a skill acquired as one progresses into oldness, but it may be a lost art. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, old men are substantially better at winking than the rest of the general population, so it could be an age based skill... But I'm not gonna let gender or age stand in my way! ... maybe self-consciousness.. but not gender or age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that winking looks less creepy if done sloooooowly. Too quick and it does set off my creeper alarm, unless you are trying to wink at somebody without someone else seeing, in which case doing it fast makes sense.

    Sometimes a good alternative to winking is to wiggle the eyebrows. If you've got nice Bert-quality eyebrows like me, this is hilarious all by itself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...